Each of Fleet Feet's training distances are led by a Coach. These individuals are there to help organize the ambassadors, lead ambassador meetings, plan routes, answer questions, and to lead group runs. Coaches have lots of running experience, they know local routes, and they have participated in races. They are encouraging, outgoing, and compassionate. Our coaches are great at making personal connections and fostering camaraderie within the group.
A good Coach..
- Believes in and lives a healthy lifestyle
- Believes in the philosophy of Fleet Feet Sports and our training programs
- Is a community advocate of Fleet Feet Sports
- Can motivate others in a positive manner
- Has participated in at least 2 races (distance and speed are unimportant)
- Is able to attend at least 80% of all training workouts
- Agrees to follow the assigned workout and is willing to place the needs of the group above conducting their own workout
- Can maintain a steady pace or has access to GPS watch for pace guidance
- Is a people person and enjoys helping others crush their goals
- Possesses a desire and willingness to learn more about running, walking, and Fleet Feet Sport's Training Philosophy.
- Can attend a one time, mandatory Ambassador & Coach seminar (Date TBD)
- A 25% store discount at Fleet Feet Sports Louisville
- Technical Coach T-shirt
- Coache's jacket
- Access to exclusive events
- Complimentary race entries (depending on availability)
- Coaches meeting and events
- Bio posted on Fleet Feet Louisville's website
- That amazing feeling that comes from knowing you've helped someone accomplish their goals!
*Coaches applications are due by December 1st, 2017